winner-redo -- restore window configurations stepwise like winner-undo?

From: John Magolske
Subject: winner-redo -- restore window configurations stepwise like winner-undo?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 00:47:40 -0700

I recently started using winner mode -- very nice way to restore
window configuration state on-the-fly. I see `winner-undo` will
switch back to progressively earlier window configurations one step
at a time, showing in the minibuffer a count, for example, like:

    Winner undo (2 / 10)
           ...  (3 / 10)
           ...  (4 / 10)

But when moving the other direction with `winner-redo`, I see it moves
all the way back to the initial point in one leap, displaying this in
the minibuffer:

    Winner undid undo

Is there some way to have it move back stepwise like `winner-undo`?
Maybe even with that counter in the minibuffer? Looking around the net
I'm not finding anything on this...

Thanks for any help,

John

--