Re: GNU Package Repositories

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: GNU Package Repositories
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 17:38:24 -0700

M. R.P. <wintermute24x7@icloud.com> wrote:
> Is their a way to List a Comprehensive list of GNU software packages in
> Emacs Like the List packages for emacs packages?

This is perhaps not what you mean, but my first thought was:

    M-x eww RET https://www.gnu.org/software/software.en.html RET

That page contains the official list of all GNU software packages, but of
course you can't install/upgrade/remove the packages from there. For that, you
would need an Emacs package that integrates with your system's package
manager[1] (or use said package manager directly from `M-x shell').

[1] Such packages do seem to exist, e.g. https://github.com/cgroza/Emacs-apt

        John