emacsql-mysql - best way to close connection?

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: emacsql-mysql - best way to close connection?
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 09:14:06 +0200

Hi,

I create a mysql connection in a let* form:

(let* ((host "mysql.host.com")
       (dummy (netrc-credentials host)) ;; needed to define remaining netrc
stuff
       (info (netrc-machine (netrc-parse (expand-file-name "~/.netrc")) host))
       (id (cdr (assoc "login" info)))
       (pw (cdr (assoc "password" info)))
       (db (emacsql-mysql "database" :user id :password pw :host host)))
   ....)

Somehow I hoped that the connection would go away when the let* form
finishes but the connection does survive. The documentation at
[[https://github.com/skeeto/emacsql][EmacSQL]] does mention: 'It works
by maintaining a inferior process running (a "connection") for
interacting with the back-end database. Connections are automatically
cleaned up if they are garbage collected. All requests are synchronous.'

Each time the form is executed, a new connection is created. Typically
this happens once a day, but by the end of the week it accumulates 7
open connections :(

There's probably a better way to create and close connections, but up to
now I have not been able to find relevant documentation.

Please advise.

TIA,

--
Guido

  After Donald Trump's stretch limousine was stolen and found
  undamaged a few blocks away; he said, "Nothing was stolen. I had
  an honest thief."-International Herald Tribune, page 3, March 2,
  1992