getting email offline in Emacs

From: Devin Prater
Subject: getting email offline in Emacs
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 10:20:54 +0000

Hi all. Now that I've become mostly entrenched into Emacs, I want to get
away from straight up Imap gnus access. I want my mail to be fetched
regularly, without me having to "get new gnus" all the time, and I want
to be able to access that mail while offline. So, any way to do this? I
can handle editing config files, if that’s what it’ll take. So, I want
offline mail, with maybe a service checking the server every 5 or 10
minutes for new mail, without me having to deal with it once it’s set, a
little like how Thunderbird does it.
--
Sent from Discordia using Gnus for Emacs.
Email: r.d.t.prater@gmail.com