Customizing perl array face [cperl-mode]

From: khalil zakaria Zemmoura
Subject: Customizing perl array face [cperl-mode]
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 23:46:00 +0100

Hi,
I would like to get rid of the array highlight of the array in Cperl mode,
Since i am a begginer in lisp i give you the code that customize the array
face and what i did to solve my problème tomporeraly:

(defface cperl-array-face
  `((((class grayscale) (background light))
     (:background "Gray90" :weight bold))
    (((class grayscale) (background dark))
     (:foreground "Gray80" :weight bold))
    (((class color) (background light))
     (:foreground "Blue" :background "lightyellow2" :weight bold))
    (((class color) (background dark))
     (:foreground "yellow" :background ,cperl-dark-background :weight bold))
    (t (:weight bold)))
  "Font Lock mode face used to highlight array names."
  :group 'cperl-faces)

The code fot the cperl-dark-background is :

(defvar cperl-dark-background
  (cperl-choose-color "navy" "os2blue" "darkgreen"))

when using the easy customization interface here what was added to my
init.el

(custom-set-faces
 '(cperl-array-face ((t (:foreground "yellow" :weight bold)))))

when i copy this (cperl-array-face ((t (:foreground "yellow" :weight
bold)))) in my custominit.org and erase that cusom-set -face part, it don't
work.
I was wondering why this code works only under (custom-set-face)?

Witout using the easy customization interface, I ended setting the
cperl-dark-background to nil that way:
(cperl-dark-background nil)
I feel like there is a better way of doing that.
Can someone help me improuve that

Best Regards
Zakaria