Re: emacs for win10

From: Fredrik Staxeng
Subject: Re: emacs for win10
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 09:56:24 +0200

Rishabh Jain <rjain.ece@gmail.com> writes:

>I think Fredrik is referring to Ctrl+Shift
>
>That was seen by me too. First I thought it was a problem. But, soon
>it was clear that 'a' and 'A' are the same (duh!). And shift is being
>used as the access key for that other character, which is why it may
>seem to not be working.
>
>Fredrik, Is that what you're seeing? However, if you want to use C-{,
>you need to press C-S-[ which is treated as C-{.
>
>On that note, it would be useful to detach the two: C-a and C-A
>(C-S-a) doing different things.
>
>On 4/19/2017 10:33 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> From: Fredrik Staxeng <fstx+u@update.uu.se>
>>> Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:22:15 +0200
>>>

>>> C-S does not work for me on Windows 10, neither in 25.1.1 nor 23.4.1
>> What do you mean by "does not work"? what happens if you try?
>>
>> Also, it's Ctrl-s, i.e. hold the Control key and then press the
>> lower-case s key.  Is that what you are doing?

I am trying to search, i.e. invoke isearch-forward. I hold down left
control, and press S. (No shift). Emacs does not react. When I do C-h k
C-s, the minibuffer message 'Describe key (or click or menu item)' stays
in the minibuffer. If I do M-x global-set-key C-s, the message 'Set key
globally:' stays in the minibuffer.

When I use remote desktop to other computers, C-s does work.

Other control keys work, so I have bound isearch-forward to C-\.
--
Fredrik Stax\"ang | rot13: sfgk@hcqngr.hh.fr
This is all you need to know about vi: ESC : q ! RET