Re: [Gnus] Mark unseen articles

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [Gnus] Mark unseen articles
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 03:42:07 +0200

ernobe wrote:

> Is there any way I can automatically mark all
> articles marked with the gnus-unseen-mark with
> the gnus-unread-mark?

You need a loop, a status check to see what it
is, a branch to determine what to do, and
a remark based on that.

Here is some Elisp to get you started. It will
require a rebuild tho because it is a function
to do something else, for sure.

Probably doing it manually or semi-manually
is faster unless you have a huge load or do
this every day.

But doing it with Elisp is always cooler :)

(defun gnus-summary-do-mark-region (char)
  (interactive "c mark: ")
  (save-excursion
    (let ((start (region-beginning))
          (end   (region-end)) )
      (goto-char start)
      (beginning-of-line)
      (while (< (point) end)
        (gnus-summary-mark-article (gnus-summary-article-number) char)
        (gnus-summary-find-next) ))))

(defun gnus-summary-mark-region ()
  (interactive)
  (when mark-active (call-interactively #'gnus-summary-do-mark-region) ))

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573