Re: server-save-buffers-kill-terminal: Invalid client frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: server-save-buffers-kill-terminal: Invalid client frame
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 09:56:46 +0300

> From: Matthias Pfeifer <mpfeifer77@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 08:11:17 +0200
>
> Emacs tells me "server-save-buffers-kill-terminal: Invalid client frame"
> when i want to call save-buffers-kill-terminal. I don't know about this
> function and have tried to find something similar using some search engine
> with no luck. I have also edebugged the function
> server-save-buffers-kill-terminal which looks like this:
> [...]
> In this function (frame-parameter nil 'client) evaluates into "Unprintable
> entity". So the cond form goes into the default case and signals an error
> "Invalid client frame".
>
> Question is: How can I fix it...

It's hard to suggest a fix when the root cause is unknown.  What
command do you invoke that triggers this error message?

I suggest to set debug-on-entry for this function, then do whatever
you do to trigger the error, and look at the backtrace.  The backtrace
already could tell you what is causing this, but if you cannot figure
that out, I suggest to post the backtrace here, and maybe someone else
will.