Re: [GNU-Emacs] request: better subject lines

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [GNU-Emacs] request: better subject lines
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 08:55:28 +0200

>> [...] But not entirely; compare the SX Q&A sites
>> where there is no culture whatsoever, actually it
>> is impossible, built-in in the architecture. [...]
>
> Have you seen TeX.SE? A *very* specific (and nice)
> place with a *very* specific (and nice) culture.

Among the SX sites, that site may stick out a bit in
a positive direction (enthusiasm for helping and being
active rather than just showing off
we-know-what-it's-about and collecting "reputation"),
however compared to the culture of Usenet it is still
just a web wiki-like interface to a home page!

If you skim thru the jargon file you will see it says
over and over "this was first discussed on the
newsgroup X" or "this term refers to a person on
a newsgroup that always does this and that" etc.

Also Usenet was/is distributed and growing in that
there were/are new newsgroups all the time and people
doing their crazy stuff all over. That's cyberpunk
warriors compared to the typical stinking
intellectuals that cannot do laundry that prefer the
SX sites were they can boast their silly "reputation".

As a reference accessible thru Google tho they have
certainly helped me many times googling error
messages. As has messages on listbots/newsgroups
archives (sometimes even written by me) appearing by
the same method...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573