Re: About how misspelled word are displayed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: About how misspelled word are displayed
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 18:27:10 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

> Just use a separate `custom-file'.
> Customize does not _want_ to fiddle with your
> init file, but if you do not tell it another
> file to use instead (`C-h v custom-file')
> then your init file wins.
>
> For simple stuff, yes, you can code such
> customizations by hand. But why do that
> (except to practice and learn more, which can
> be a fine reason)?
>
> And for stuff that is not so simple, it is
> better to rely on Customize. It knows the
> customize code better than you/we do.

OK, so when it gets not so simple, one should
not rely on Customize anymore. But if one
cannot solve so simple things without relying
on Customize, how can one be expected to solve
things that are not so simple suddenly?

Apart from the principle, Customize is not
easier than to put a couple of lines of code
into a text file. Customize is much more
complicated and I don't want to ever rely on
complicated stuff, and certainly not for doing
simple things.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573