Re: About how misspelled word are displayed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: About how misspelled word are displayed
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 20:00:39 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

> 2. For user options and faces, which is what
> Customize is for, it is precisely those whose
> definitions are _not_ so simple that it is
> especially helpful to use Customize and not
> just hand-code assignments etc.
>
> For both simple and complex defcustoms and
> deffaces you _can_ rely on Customize. It is
> for the complex ones that it can be
> especially helpful to use Customize (or its
> functions).

Here is just a difference of opinion. I think
Customize is *more* difficult and confusing
than to write code.

But even if it was simpler, which it isn't,
I wouldn't use it because writing code is much
more enjoyable and interesting.

Also, code opens the door to do anything.
With Customize, or any other code-producing
tool, you can only produce code that is
possible to produce with the tool. And what is
a computer tool? Code! Thus you, as
a programmer, are limited to what some other
programmer thought you should or shouldn't do.

> Knowing this won't stop you from doing
> whatever you want, of course. ;-)

Indeed, if anyone wants to use Customize, do
it. Just as if anyone wants to take their game
to the next level, it is right there.

Remember, "Advance to fast, you catch up with
death. But advance to slow, death catches up
with YOU!"

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573