Re: Is it possible to move a column where column on right is variable wi

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Is it possible to move a column where column on right is variable width
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 21:11:41 +0200

On Tue, May 16 2017, Kaushal Modi wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:35 PM Angus Comber <anguscomber@gmail.com> wrote:

I downloaded a file, LSE.txt from this link:

http://www.eoddata.com/Data/symbollist.aspx?e=LSE

I cannot access that site without a login, but I used the below data
snippet of yours.

which is of the form:

symbol<tab>Description

the description is pretty free form.  Here are some examples:

06GG.L BARCLAYS BANK PLC UNDATED FLTG RATE PRIM CAP NOTES'2'USD
06GL.L  NATIONAL GRID GAS 8.75% BDS 27/6/25 GBP(VAR)
07OZ.L  HAMMERSON PLC 6.875% BDS 31/3/20 GBP(VAR)

Is there any way to do what I want?

As the Description portion of the data is not of equal width, using
rectanges gets tricky.

Unless you do the totally uncool thing of adding enough spaces to the final line so that you can create a rectangle of the appropriate size. It'll cost you some geek points, but it gets the job done. ;-)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments