Re: call function in other window ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 19:16:50 +0900

> On May 21, 2017, at 19:07, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
>> It maybe that my workflow does not include
>> (yet) methods that are specific to the way
>> emacs works. I'll try to see specifically
>> what I want and why I want it that way and
>> will get back to this thread.
>> Thank you again.
>
> It's a give-and-go game.

Yes, and it's also called reinventing the wheel, when you don't know that the
concept of "wheel" exists :)

Kidding aside, for me, it is more important right now to work on information
discovery than on writing a few lines of code that I may or may not use in the
future. Emacs is so huge that there is always the possibility to just not find
what is right under my nose because the information is hard to discover *or*
because I would not think of looking for it in the right place.

Sometimes I look up for info on the net, only to discover a link to the Emacs
Manual or the Elisp Reference...

Jean-Christophe :)