Re: call function in other window ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 15:52:55 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> I admit I'm not super proficient with the
> info-mode, but I have all the PDFs related to
> Emacs/Elisp in a tabbed window where I can
> search them at will (including the org-mode
> manual etc.)

The Emacs help and info and manpage buffers are
probably more interactive and fast to deal with
from and with Emacs. PDFs are more like to
print huge manuals free of charge at your
school or work so you can bring some reading
when you travel by train :)

> Instead of the info-mode itself, I usually
> make use of the help system, it's generally
> better at finding precise information.

The help system is for the impatient
programmers. Info-mode is for the real
engineers :)