Re: call function in other window ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 15:39:09 +0900

> On May 22, 2017, at 0:56, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
>> As I wrote, I (still) prefer to read the
>> manuals as PDFs in an external reader.
>
> If you use Emacs in X or otherwise any GUI
> version, can't you view PDFs in Emacs by just
> opening them as any other file?

Now that you mention that, I'm using the brew system to install Emacs and even
though I use the Cocoa version, every time I try to open a PDF I get the file
as if it were opened in a text editor and not the rendered PDF. I think I tried
to fix that in the past but it was too much work for little benefit since I
already have a really nice FOSS PDF reader on Mac.

Jean-Christophe