Re: call function in other window ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 23:18:19 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> Now that you mention that, I'm using the brew
> system to install Emacs and even though I use
> the Cocoa version, every time I try to open
> a PDF I get the file as if it were opened in
> a text editor and not the rendered PDF.
> I think I tried to fix that in the past but
> it was too much work for little benefit since
> I already have a really nice FOSS PDF reader
> on Mac.

Yeah, I use xpdf for PDFs which probably has an
MIT licence. But it is only because I don't use
a GUI Emacs I don't use Emacs for PDFs as well.
What I do with PDFs is check out the result of
compiled LaTeX. But sure, you would anyhow want
a viewer, Emacs or otherwise, for the
occasional Internet file.

Still, compared to the manpages, info files,
and the on-line help system that Emacs offers
viewing material as PDFs that are available in
those forms should at the very least be
heavy-handed and not offer the same
interactiveness as the in-house solutions.

Just sayin'.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573