Re: What makes elisp fun ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What makes elisp fun ?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 22:56:15 +0200

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> And you can do all this in very cool ways,
> because you can do it with a Lisp!
> For example, I recently discovered that you
> can do very cool things with streams (aka
> delayed lists) (they are not built in, but
> hey, you have a programmable programming
> language, so they have been added with very
> few lines Elisp). Elisp makes it possible to
> invent very cool stuff in very cool ways, and
> other people may want use your work.
> Elisp let's you be very creative.

Yes, the interesting thing is, this advanced
and genial code-as-data-and-data-as-code and
the circular lispness of Emacs, what it amounts
to is the possibility to do really simple
things fast and to be able to enjoy them
immediately. To write a project in C is like
creating a masterpiece and then you put it
somewhere where it takes the least space.
Write a defun in Elisp and it is like crafting
a new tool and hanging it on a hook screw.
Interesting thing is the new tool seems to have
much more enjoyment to it than the masterpiece.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573