Re: An unwonted warning I constantly get about fontsets when I start Ema

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: An unwonted warning I constantly get about fontsets when I start Emacs
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 16:14:38 +0300

On 2017-05-28 07:33 +03, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 07:15:25 +0300
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>>
>> > I'm attaching charscript.el as it seems to be a generated file not
>> > tracked by git.
>>
>> And here's what seems to be the root cause of your problem:
>>
>>     (#x10300 #x1032F old-ıtalic)
>>
>> That ı in ıtalic is the dotless i character, whereas it should be the
>> Latin i character.  I see a few more of those elsewhere in the file,
>> all of them will cause similar problems.  I'm guessing that some bug
>> causes this in your locale, so as the first thing please delete this
>> file and let the Emacs build process re-generate it, in the hope that
>> the bug was meanwhile fixed.  If the regenerated file has the same
>> problem, please do report a bug about that.
>
> And I think I know what causes that: this file is produced by running
> Awk, and the Awk program uses 'tolower', which in your locale produces
> the dotless i characters instead of the Latin i.
>
> So running the build after setting LC_ALL=C should fix the problem.

I'll try that now and report, but that seems a bit improbable to me as
this is my locale setup:

$ locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_TIME=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_NAME=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=tr_TR.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

If this and the other recommendations from your other message don't fix
the problem, I'll report a bug.