Re: Challenges around displaying phase of moon in calfw

From: John Magolske
Subject: Re: Challenges around displaying phase of moon in calfw
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 22:29:12 -0700

* John Magolske <listmail@b79.net> [170528 02:05]:

> [...] the lunar phases show up in calfw, but for some
> reason the time is displayed twice, like so:
>
>     19:48 ◐ q1↑ 7:48pm (PDT)
>     14:40 ● Full 2:40pm (PDT)
>     12:46 ◯ New 12:46pm (PDT)
>
> I think what's going on is that each phase is considered an event
> which somehow gets prefixed with its time in 24hr format...

I'm wondering if this issue may be related to this post on emacs-devel:

  calendar/diary/appt: diary-lunar-phases should not create appointments

    Hi,

    I have

    &%%(diary-sunrise-sunset)
    &%%(diary-lunar-phases)

    which results in emacs nagging me about moon phases and sunsets.
    I don't think this is right: I want to be able to see the times when the
    lunar phases and sunsets happen (and, btw, moon rises and moon sets, but
    they are not available), but I do not want to do anything when they
    actually do happen.

    Is there a way to prevent some diary entries containing times from being
    interpreted as appointments?

url:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-11/msg00329.html
no resolution...picked up again a few years later:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-02/msg01347.html
... still no resolution.

John

--