Re: config problems and bisecting an org-mode configuration file

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: config problems and bisecting an org-mode configuration file
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 20:28:54 +0100

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> Sharon Kimble wrote:
>
>> I have three problems with my config at the
>> moment -
>>
>> - an inability to close emacs using its
>> internal commands
>
> What do you mean ... ? Because you have Gnus
> running and it won't save activity?
> Or something else?
>
>     (defun emacs-quit-no-confirm ()
>       (interactive)
>       (when (gnus-alive-p) (gnus-group-exit))
>       (save-buffers-kill-terminal t) ) ; silently save all

I meant that I was unable to close emacs using its internal commands of
'C-x C-c' and had to kill it aggressively by either its PID or pkill.

>> and - an inability to
>> right-click on an url in gnus to either open
>> that url in emacs-w3m
>
> Do you mean URL:s that for some reasons are
> not buttons?

Hyperlinks in gnus emails.

>> or copy it to the clipboard for use in
>> another browser
>
> If it is a literal URL, you can do
>
>     (defun kill-url ()
>       (interactive)
>       (kill-new (thing-at-point 'url)) )
>     )
>
>> and - an inability to use +foo+ to
>> strike-through something to effectively show
>> that its commented out.

In org-mode if you put +foo+ then foo has been strike-throughed, and I
had lost this ability.

> You want a word that is enclosed within plus
> signs to take on a specific face? You can do
>
>     (font-lock-add-keywords 'emacs-lisp-mode
>       '(
>         ("\\+.*\\+" . font-lock-comment-face)
>         )
>       t) ; APPEND
>
> (Change mode and face to your liking.)
>
>> it needs to be sorted out this weekend
>
> Oh, no! Get to work everyone :)

Bwwwwrrrp!!! (That's a raspberry for you! :)

It was an admonition for me that I *needed* to get this sorted this
weekend. And I have almost done.

- Inability to close properly - WORKS
- inability to use org-mode strike-through by using multiple +'s - WORKS
- Ability to right-click a hyperlink - not sorted. It seems to be a
  problem with avy-menu, so I've raised a bug on their site.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 9.0, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1, org-mode 9.0.7