Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Maria Shinoto
Subject: Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 08:54:55 +0900

Dear List members,

a lot of great hints, thank you all. I am living in Japan, it is morning, and I am following all directions at the moment.

In order to save your time, I write a short summary of the state now, and hopefully this evening or tomorrow, I can tell you what the result looks like.

1) The Japanese mailing list just answered, they told me how to use the Japanese input method from Emacs. It is clumsy, though, they do not recommend it themselves. Still, I have to test it; I could think of some additional caveats..

2) The LANG variable seems to be the problem, since I write on a basically German system with additional keyboard and language input. I will check this. Basically, I want to stay with a German system and write multilingual papers in Japanese or English mainly. Will test it all and report.

I think that sums it up, thanks a lot for now!

Maria