Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 14:11:19 +0900

> 2017/06/07 9:43、Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com>のメール:
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
>> I have exactly the same issue. I write
>> French, English and Japanese (albeit on a Mac
>> system) and the difficulty to shift from an
>> input system to the other is what keeps me on
>> the Mac.
>
> French at least shouldn't be a problem on Linux
> or Emacs.

The problem is not typing French. The problem is that I use a JIS qwerty
keyboard and that I use the same keyboard layout for all the languages I use.

At the moment there is no gnu/linux distribution that allows me out of the box
to easily type French directly from the JIS layout and I don't want to learn a
new layout to type French, I've used this one for 20 years already.

Jean-Christophe