Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 12:58:54 +0200

Maria Shinoto <maria@shinoto.de> writes:

> - Emacs in the terminal works with Japanese
> (fcitx-mozc) flawlessly. - It seems to be a problem
> with GUI Emacs not being able to use fcitx-mozc.
>
> --> I did not test the elder combination ibus-mozc,
> but in winter, when I made my first test series, I had
> the same problem with this combination.

On a bigger note, this is really a *sad day* in Emacs
and all of Gnutopia!

How many people live in China, Japan, and Korea, and
how many use these languages in Asia and all over the
world? And guess what language group will play a huge
role in the future of software development if that
hasn't happened already?

But no matter how good the Asians are/will be it will
never be as classy as the West. Just as Shimano
components (Japan) and Giant frames (Taiwan) pale in
comparison with the Italian and French masters of
Campagnolo and Look. The Queen stays queen - adiĆ³s :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573