How to make EMMS display only play/pause/stop info in the modeline?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: How to make EMMS display only play/pause/stop info in the modeline?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 14:42:11 +0200

Hi all,

so I finally got to the place wen I want to declutter my modeline.
A big part of it is EMMS' artist/song info.  I really do not need that
(especially that I control EMMS from a hydra which displays that
anyway), but some short indication whether EMMS is
playing/paused/stopped would be nice.  Is that possible without surgery
on EMMS' source code?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski