Re: Delete marked files from dired

From: Ralf Fassel
Subject: Re: Delete marked files from dired
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 11:21:24 +0200

* notbob <notbob@nothome.com>
| OK, my bad.  Turns out you gotta be IN dired mode fer the variable to
| show up.  I used another xterm to put me in an non-dired mode of emacs
| and that does NOT work.

Might be that the variable is not known to emacs until dired-mode is
actually loaded.

| Now all I gotta do is learn how the "customize" screen works.

Might be easier to just put

  (setq dired-recursive-deletes 'always)

in your .emacs (maybe accompanied by a comment indicating what this
does), but I thought the 'GUI'-approach might be the way to go these
days... :-)

HTH
R'