Re: [OT] What langauges have symbols?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [OT] What langauges have symbols?
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 05:11:41 +0200

Danny YUE wrote:

> I think if you want something that can
> somehow replace Lisp in some field,
> especially system scripts, websites or
> deployable applications, you can apparently
> consider Ruby...

You can use Lisp for scripts and websites.
As for deployable applications, is that
embedded systems? If so, Lisp should be
perfect, it is *the* most portable language and
even has an AI origin :)

There is nothing in the language that prevents
anyone from doing anything in any field.
Just because it hasn't happened, or hasn't
happened in a way or to an extent someone would
wish, it doesn't follow the field and Lisp
don't merge.

The reason Lisp isn't more spread is because it
is too good. Just like McDonald restaurants are
more prolific than 5 star restaurants. Or maybe
you can get only 4 stars, I actually never
attended anyone...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573