Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 01:39:01 +0200

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> Programming should be done and documented in
> the old Anglo-American. This will benefit
> everyone, native anglophones and everyone else.
> Not just in the long run, but *now*.

You seem to think that Emacs is just a programmer's tool. This is wrong.

I suspect that if you ask Stallman, he would say that Emacs should be
amenable to anyone who works with computers for any text-editing task.

The fact that Emacs has a wide acceptance as a programmer's tool but it
is a not so popular text editor for other purposes is a consequence of a
lack of development resources, which also explains why there are no
translations of the manual.