Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 11:41:31 +0200

Héctor Lahoz wrote:

> But the manual is the starting point. I think
> it should be available in other languages.
> Not just Spanish.

But it isn't. And on the enthusiast basis, it
is very difficult thing to achieve. Perhaps the
Google/wiki-translate solutions will help but
that remains to be seen.

> But bear in mind that Emacs is not just for
> programmers. All the modes for human
> languages can be used by non-programmers.
> And many users of Emacs are not programmers.

Everyone who uses Emacs who speak English will
have an advantage to a person using Emacs who
doesn't speak English. Translating will never
change that which is why everyone, programmer
or not, is encouraged to learn English.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573