Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 17:05:09 +0200

Stephen Berman wrote:

> http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/adv/wol/dy/opinion/culture_100823.html

People say you should never try to tell
a Japanese engineer anything because he (she?)
will ignite. So I think no one is really
contemplating telling him he should stop
speaking Japanese!

Having the board speak English in a company
where the head speaks English and nothing else
(tellingly, by the way) as well as efforts to
do it to some extent in schools (which I think
is completely natural) isn't anything close to
a complete switch.

You know the story of male fashion? No one ever
cares for it. They did a designed, expensive
male jacket and tried to sell it. No one bought
it. Then then PR guy thought about the interest
in history that many males have. So he put an
all but invisible sticker to the jacket saying
it once had belonged to an old Japanese
fisherman. And the next week, all stock was
gone :)

I don't know if it is a true story but
God willing that old Japanese fisherman will
carry on fishing and speaking Japanese for many
years to come :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573