Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 19:19:08 +0300

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 01:39:01AM +0200, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:
>
> > Programming should be done and documented in
> > the old Anglo-American. This will benefit
> > everyone, native anglophones and everyone else.
> > Not just in the long run, but *now*.
>
> You seem to think that Emacs is just a programmer's tool. This is wrong.
>
> I suspect that if you ask Stallman, he would say that Emacs should be
> amenable to anyone who works with computers for any text-editing task.

I have employed not-so-skilled people in Tanzania to provide
translations of Swahili to business text.

Each of them has got to learn basics of GNU Emacs.

My procedure that I give to people is simple:

1) Read the GNU Emacs Tutorial, go through the tutorial, and if there
is anything they don't understand, we clarify it.

2) Start working.

And this alone works well. I get translated documents and files and
reports this way.

GNU Emacs is just good for total beginners, and I am proving it all
over again.

Jean