Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 19:38:53 +0300

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 12:17:16PM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Héctor Lahoz wrote:
>
> > I think it could help some people, making
> > technology closer to them.
>
> I agree it would be optimal to have great
> translations of everything. If anyone, or
> a group of people pulled it off, I would be
> super impressed.
>
> But if someone asked me, "is it a good idea to
> do?" I would answer "No, there are many of
> things you could do that will be more pleasant
> and creative for you, and have a bigger impact
> for everyone else as well."

That question you are making there "is it a good idea to do?" is
obviously directed only to you, and you look at it from your corner or
view point.

Is it good for "me" to translate it? I have more important things to
do, like watching series... 😈

Is it good for students to have a native language software?

Yes, it is very good. So translating job is maybe not good for an
individual, but is very beneficial for the targeting group of people.

Millions of students could have access to free software which they do
not have now.

It increases the popularity of software just as books. It penetrates
the markets which were earlier not known as possible.

It is easy to sit on the desktop in a developed country. But come over
to Africa, Uganda or Tanzania, to see what is work, what is effort,
and how students are surviving.

And students are just one group of people who would greatly benefit of
translations of software.

Teachers, professors, engineers would benefit too.

Those who do not travel will maybe assume that the world runs on
English language, but it does not.

We have a planet here.

Jean