Re: Is it only me or is your ding also silent?

From: Héctor Lahoz
Subject: Re: Is it only me or is your ding also silent?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 10:39:28 +0200

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
> > ding
>
> Man, I thought this thread was about Gnus...

I think this is addressed to me so let me explain.

When I read:

but M-: (ding) does not produce any sound here

I understood:

but @kbd{M-:} (ding) does not produce any sound here

instead of the intended:

but @kbd{M-: (ding)} does not produce any sound here

Plain text is great but sometimes not too great :-)

I have some people in my list of Emacs gurus. Eli, you and some more.
It is difficul to communicate with someone you don't know at all. But
then, life would be too boring without some misunderstandings,
wouldn't it?

Besides, I still have some problems with English. Let's be honest
here. I'll never master English as if it was my mother tongue. So I'd
like to be able to read the Emacs manual in my own language. Just
because I feel more comfortable with it.

Never mind :-)