Re: capitalised in 'abbrev_defs'?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: capitalised in 'abbrev_defs'?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:43:54 +0000

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017, 6:07 AM Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com>
wrote:

> Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:
>
>     (defconst modi/abbrev-hooks '(verilog-mode-hook
>                                   emacs-lisp-mode-hook
>                                   org-mode-hook)
>       "List of hooks of major modes in which abbrev should be enabled.")

You can customize this to only the major modes where you want abbrev-mode
to be enabled. These values are specific to my use case.

heavily influenced by kaushalmodi

Thanks for the attribute. I wasn't expecting any so I was surprised :)

(setq save-abbrevs 'silently)

This is repeating (based on the snippet you pasted above).

(setq-default abbrev-mode t)

This would enable abbrev-mode globally. So the per-major-mode abbrev-mode
enabling above would be redundant. Also I wouldn't enable any minor mode by
just setting the mode variable. The canonical way would be to use
(global-FOO-mode 1) or (global-FOO-mode) if global-FOO-mode is defined.

So how do I 'turn on' case-fixed please? Would it be something like -

> (setq abbrev-mode case-fixed t)

Above will not work.

I haven't yet tried but check out the solution someone posted here:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/15315076/1219634

> --

Kaushal Modi