Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: I want to contribute and chose right project for graduate thesis
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 19:15:11 -0400

On 7/21/2017 4:01 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Marcin Borkowski wrote:

Just my 2 cents: not necessarily, see all the
discussion on emacs-devel about bug#21072.

50 cent: Don't do it.

Half the time will be wasted with unpleasant
arguing with other people with huge egos, the
other half will be wasted trying to understand
what has been done before you even entered
the project.

My 2 cents.

Learning how to deal with huge egos and understanding the culture of open source projects is valuable - certainly not a waste of time for a new engineer.

I don't know whether it's thesis-worthy.