Pass an argument to a sentinel?

From: Yassin Philip
Subject: Pass an argument to a sentinel?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:16:14 +0100

I'm sure it has been asked to death, but all my searches has been unsuccessful:

From the Elisp manual at the Sentinels chapter <https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Sentinels.html>:

   "The sentinel receives /two arguments/: the process for which the
event occurred, and a string describing the type of event." But I need it to receive at least one more argument, because at the end of the process, the context (like the buffer at the time of the sentinel call) may have changed.

How can I pass arguments to a sentinel? More generally, *how to pass arguments in a quoted function call*?

-yPhil

--
Yassin Philip      New album NOW
http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.io