Re: Search occurrences of character at point

From: Yassin Philip
Subject: Re: Search occurrences of character at point
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 16:37:25 +0100

Well, you could use a rx regexp function like this:

(defun find-nonascii ()
  (interactive)
  (if (re-search-forward (rx nonascii))
      (message "There it is: (%s)"
               (buffer-substring-no-properties
                (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)))
    (message "doh!")))

yPhil

On 04/08/17 12:31, Guido Van Hoecke wrote:
Hi,

I sometimes have to edit some text where I want to find all occurences
of some non-standard character, such as Char: ­ (173, #o255, #xad, ...)

I'd like a way to have the cursor sit on such a character and hit a key
to position it at the next occurrence of said character.

I'm sure there's a way to do this?

Any ideas, anyone?

TIA,

Guido