Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using "Emacs Configure" **and** modifying .emacs
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 00:41:35 +0200

John Mastro wrote:

> my preference is generally to view the
> variable's definition, see whether a custom
> setter is defined, and decide if I need to do
> anything about it.

Oh, no!

Now we need a couple of programs to do that
as well!

You know when you say something to a female
that is appreciated and after that you are not
allowed to say anything because she is afraid
any elaboration will "ruin" it? It is the same
thing here! ... Or is it the other way around?

> It's not an error to use `setq' on variables
> with custom setters.

The byte compiler agrees.

--
underground experts united