Re: capslock key mapped with keytweak seems to be unbound by Emacs w32

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: capslock key mapped with keytweak seems to be unbound by Emacs w32
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 17:50:42 +0300

> From: "B. T. Raven" <btraven@nihilo.net>
> Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 16:17:29 -0500
>
> I have been using Emacs from version 21 through 24.3.1 and I recently
> noticed that the capslock key does nothing in w32 Emacs. Works in Word,
> Notepad, Wordpad, browser and every other application that takes
> keyboard input.
> C-h k shows nothing when capslock pressed (maybe it shouldn't; I never
> tried it before)

CapsLock should produce the effect you expect: upper-case letters when
you press letter keys.  It does that here, in every Emacs version I
ever used.

> Any help or even only insight into this problem would be appeciated.

Like others told you, begin by trying this in "emacs -Q".  If CapsLock
doesn't work there as well, try disabling the key reassignment
software you installed.