Re: transparently decrypting/encrypting gpg files from Gnu Emacs 25.2.1

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: Re: transparently decrypting/encrypting gpg files from Gnu Emacs 25.2.1
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:36:46 +0200

Thank you, Nikolay,

I think I've got it right, though I am still not sure what had happened.

gpg2 was in the right place, and it did use the keyrings in ~/.gnupg,
but for some reason that escapes me it was not able to find them when
called from emacs.  When I followed the advice from
<https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2008-April/033222.html>
that you kindly pointed me to, of a sudden gpg2 (called from the command
line), GPA and Kleopatra (key managers provided with Gpg4win) did not
find the keys anymore, either.

Therefore, I uninstalled and re-installed Gpg4win and imported the keys
from a backup.  Since I have done that, everything works as expected
again, with one pleasant side effect:  When trying to open a .gpg-file
from Emacs, I am asked for the pass phrase in the minibuffer instead of
in a Windows™ window.  Which is what I want and failed to achieve
before.

Thanks again and best regards

Rainer

On 2017-08-28, 23:18 +0300, Nikolay Kudryavtsev

--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften