Re: Enabling modes

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Enabling modes
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 19:27:43 +0200

Robert Thorpe wrote:

> Usually modes are set up the other way around,
> by including things. Mode X is triggered for
> languages Y and Z, for example. I want it the
> opposite way around, I want visual-line-mode to
> be always enabled unless I have
> a tab-separated-value file.

`setq-default' then disable in
mode hooks.

Or enable in every mode is what I would do.
E.g., I don't know how many programming modes
have have enabled line number in the mode bar.
But it is many. But not many enough for it be
a burden to do.

On the contrary it is very fast.

--
underground experts united