Re: Help with Java Programming in Emacs

From: Kendall Shaw
Subject: Re: Help with Java Programming in Emacs
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 23:34:59 -0700

On 09/10/2017 10:12 AM, Jay Kamat wrote:

Hi,

Can someone share an article or any other resource for making Emacs a
productive environment for Java (mainly for writing Flink jobs)?
I tried many options in the past, and I find meghanada mode the easiest
to use and the most effective.

https://github.com/mopemope/meghanada-emacs

Before I tried that, I was just using stock java-mode in emacs.

That looks very interesting.

I'll just add that for a while I was using emacs-eclim which uses eclipse as the java tool and emacs as the editor. I don't know that state of it now.

I use either Intellij or Eclipse as debugger, and some times for code completion. Mainly with gradle as the build tool.

So, I edit in emacs and switch back and forth. I will have to check out the gradle support in Meghanada-emacs.

Kendall