Re: Unable to open some files in emacs with emacs 25.3.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Unable to open some files in emacs with emacs 25.3.
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 17:37:57 +0200

Sharon Kimble wrote:

> Ever since updating to emacs 25.3 yesterday
> I find that I cannot open some of my files in
> emacs. This is the case in point

It is common and understandable that a thing or
two breaks with updates. Ironically... But you
can't make an omelet without cracking the eggs.

> [[~/cron/boudiccas.crontab]]
>
> On Monday that link would open the file in
> emacs, today, it doesn't and the only change
> is the new emacs version.

Do you get an error message and if so what
does it say?

> To avoid cross-posting I'm going to send this
> email separately to the 'org-mode' list.

... interesting. I'd say that amounts to
cross-posting, and if you de facto do it, might
as well use the forbidden method in all glory.
Cross-posting isn't always bad. Here, at least
I'd say it's OK. You can use the
conversation, or just put both lists/groups
there as well :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573