Re: Emacs startup suddenly slower

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs startup suddenly slower
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 21:43:05 +0200

Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

> I was tinkering with my .Emacs file and
> I don't know what happened but my Emacs
> startup has shot up to 83 secs compared to 4
> to 7 secs earlier as checked by M-x
> Emacs-init-time. This was done multiple times
> and time ranged from 45 to 85 secs

... 83s!?!

Well, instead of doing a quantitative
investigation you should look for the one
totally bizarre thing that screws it all up.
Like, what did you do right before it happened?

As Drew says, do the binary search unless you
can't spot it instantly, as you on the other
hand should be able to since it is most
definitely something very wierd indeed.

Don't forget to post what you did! Should be
very interesting. Could be champagne, LSD, or
VX gas all over :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573