Re: replacement for whitespace-tab

From: Will Parsons
Subject: Re: replacement for whitespace-tab
Date: 24 Oct 2017 21:31:03 GMT

Stephen Berman wrote:
> On 24 Oct 2017 00:55:23 GMT Will Parsons <wbp@nodomain.invalid> wrote:

>>> Use the face! :) ???
>>
>> Um, how?  That is the question.
>
> By typing `M-x customize-face'.  The file whitespace.el defines both a
> variable and a face named `whitespace-tab', and the former is now
> obsolete.

Well that seems easy enough, but the result is confusing.

First, I hand-edited my custom.el to delete the old customization.
I then did as you say using customize-face, and saved the customization.

Comparing the new custom.el with the original, I found they were
identical (!), so I guess I never had a problem in the first place - I was
just confused by the message into *thinking* I had.

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up.

--
Will