Re: How can I make hl-line mode not override the color of rainbow-mode?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How can I make hl-line mode not override the color of rainbow-mode?
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 07:39:04 +0200

Yuri Khan wrote:

> It may be a rare combination for you, because
> you are using Emacs on a Linux console that
> only supports a few colors and therefore it
> doesn’t make much sense to use background
> color for highlighting.

Actually I'm very picky with my colors! I call
my color scheme "Orange Sunshine" after ALD-52.
Nah, I just made that up :)

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/faces-2.png

(pnmtopng: 12 colors found)

However I'm unsure if more colors (higher
number of different colors) actually make it
more colorful or if it is like 11 watching down
meters - up and till ~11 m, it gets scarier and
scarier, but above that, one can add a hundred
meters just as well and it doesn't get any
more scary!

Background colors are perhaps just what is
underpowered tho, at least I didn't use them
that much, so perhaps that is indicative too
heavy-handed to be useful...

> It may be a rare combination overall,
> counting all users of Emacs together.

Plus, who cares if just one user wants it as
long as he (she?? colors) is the one who
does it? It is always like that. Well,
sometimes you wish it weren't like that, but
put it this way, it is good that it *can* be
like that!

> But, for a user who likes seeing the current
> line highlighted at all times and also wants
> to highlight CSS colors, it’s going to be
> pretty frequent.

Right, CSS, good point.

--
underground experts united