Re: Is it worth leaving el-get for melpa

From: Deric Bytes
Subject: Re: Is it worth leaving el-get for melpa
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 17:44:13 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Drew. There wiki has no dates, so I never know how relevant it is. Also,
I knew about those differences when choosing el-get but wondered if anything
had changed. I had recently looked at el-get and noticed that the core lisp
code seemed unchanged for 2 years.

https://github.com/dimitri/el-get

And noticed that melpa had some git fetcher tags

https://github.com/melpa/melpa

:fetcher specifies the type of repository that :url or :repo points to. Melpa
supports git, github, gitlab, hg (Mercurial), and wiki (for packages from
Emacswiki.org).