RE: killing the result of isearch

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: killing the result of isearch
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 14:10:32 -0800 (PST)

>   Let's change "One-two, Buckle my shoe" to something else.
>   C-s one-two, buckle my shoe C-r RET C-s C-s RET C-x C-x C-w

(You don't need the `C-x C-x' here, unless you want to
see highlighted what `C-w' will delete.)

> Personally I always bind C-s to isearch-forward-regexp instead of
> leaving it at isearch-forward.  Regular expressions are so much more
> powerful and useful.

OK, but what you show above does not work, in general,
for regexps.  Regexp search forward and backward do not
find the same text, generally.

If you regexp-search for the same text, `one-two,
buckle my shoe', no problem.  But if you use `o.*oe'
you'll be in trouble.