Re: Transposing words over middle words

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Transposing words over middle words
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 23:02:17 +0100

Me too, so I wrote conjunct-mode to address exactly this task:

  <https://github.com/mxpiotrowski/conjunct.el>

> Over the years I've written a bunch of small functions for making it
> easier to write prose (slurping spaces before punctuation after
> deleting a word, etc), but eventually have discarded most of them in
> favor of just hitting a few extra keys. I could never get the DWIM
> behavior DWIM-ish enough, and it was more of a headache watching for
> and correcting the mis-fires than it was just banging more keys.

Transposing conjuncts often happens when revising formulations, so
conjunct-mode lets you try the effect before committing to it.  This is
clearly a different approach, which probably doesn’t work for everybody
either…

Greetings

--
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Michael Piotrowski                   <mxp@dynalabs.de>