Re: Transposing words over middle words

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Transposing words over middle words
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:35:22 +0100

EZ> Maybe you tried M-0 on a text-mode frame ("emacs -nw")?

X11, 3-headed, with WindoMaker

EZ> Or maybe your meta key is customized in some weird way?

It does not seems so... The M- prefixed command work as usual.  But
you gave me an hint. First I tested another instance running on a
clean Emacs instance, and there it works fine.

So i went to my .emacs... And I discovered that I indeed assigned M-0
to a custom keypad, to use 4 extra keys on a external numeric keypad
(got a cheap keyboard w/o it, then a keypad. All with cherry
switches).

Who built the numeric keypad thought that was damn cool send M-0 M-4
M-0 to insert a "[" (actually the sequence works no matter which
Windows keyboard configuration you are using, if you accept that
everybody uses Windows it is not a stupid choice) M-0 M-4 M-1 to
insert a "]" and M-0 M-6 M-1 to issue a "=".

So it was my fault, sorry.

Nevertheless the "transpose with jump" is DAMN useful, worth the extra
work of the C-u!

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO