Re: Transposing words over middle words

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Transposing words over middle words
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 20:05:04 +0200

> Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 08:57:18 -0800 (PST)
> From: Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com>
>
> > Really?  That a lone C-u means an arg of 4 is burnt into our muscle
> > memory for decades.  Compare with "C-u C-n".  A command that receives
> > a numerical argument normally treats all of its arguments as numbers.
> > Breaking that in a single command sounds like a misfeature.
>
> Org mode (at least) is full of functions for which C-u means change some
> behavior (C-u C-u changes more)

So is Emacs.  But AFAIR the rule is: if any argument is treated as a
number, then all of them are.  By contrast, you are talking about
commands where the argument is not treated as a number of repetitions,
but as a trigger for some variation on the default behavior, which is
not what I was talking about.